Monday 23 March 2015

Fairs, Fetes & Farmers Markets

Nether Edge is not far from where I live and it only takes 15 minuets to walk there, yet its a part of Sheffield which I haven't really explored, so yesterday I decided to get ready and head over for the start of the Nether Edge Farmers Market. With them only putting on 4 of these a year I knew this would be a really vibrant market with plenty of local produce. 



I couldn't believe how busy it was, the atmosphere was great, the sun was out and it definitely felt like Spring was finally here! My partner in crime was away in Newcastle staying at his parents whilst finishing off his grueling 10,000 word university dissertation, so this was a market day I would spend alone. But in the hustle and bustle of the market with the endless samples and chitchat with stall holders I didn't feel like I was on my own at all. 

    
     
All the stalls looked great, the diverse individual style of each baker and maker shows in their display, but the one which caught my eye most of all was The Broadfield Ale House. Their classic rustic look complimented their pies, chutneys and gin perfectly, I couldn't resist buying two pots of the chutney! 

The Autumn Harvest Stall
The Birdhouse Tea Company shop in Nether Edge
In my last post Spring Wishlist I mentioned that I wanted to try the Birdhouse Tea Company's Full Monty, well yesterday I popped into their gorgeous little shop and purchased some. I can't wait to taste it, watch this space for a little review on my conversion to loose leaf tea.


With Neil not there to rein me in I came back with loads of tasty goodies, including a jar of honey from the Sheffield Honey Company; I have a little baking idea in store for that! I had such a wonderful day, I can't recommend this market enough, keep your eyes peeled for the next one and if you're in the area definitely head down there's something for everyone young or old.

Thanks for reading, hope I didn't make you too hungry!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...