Sunday 7 December 2014

Wey Aye Man!

I went on a little adventure last weekend! As I have a Geordie man in my life I thought it was about time I ventured ‘Up North’ to see the great Newcastle! The drive up was less than enjoyable with a road closure adding a nice hour onto our already long journey, but once I set my eyes on the mighty ‘Angel of the North’ standing strong and proud, I knew we had finally arrived.





You really don't realise the sheer scale of the sculpture until you get up close, its an incredible feat of art and engineering, of which I couldn't resist getting up close and tickling its feet!

On Saturday I was introduced to the nightlife up there and given the full Geordie experience, I must admit I struggle enough understanding one Geordie never mind a city full, but after a few drinks the universal language of alcohol kicked in and it didn't seem to matter.

Waking up on the Sunday morning feeling a bit worse for wear we wrapped up and headed to the coast. What better cure for a hangover than the cold, fresh North Sea breeze? I had missed the seaside, living in the middle of the country means trips to the beach are few and far between. (I've made a mental note to visit the coast more often.)

Both wearing our hand knitted hats, courtesy of my Nana. 


Have to say I'm quite pleased with the perfectly timed seagull in this photo.

After the tranquility of the beach, it was back to the city to explore where we wandered down to the Quayside through the bustling Sunday market, and along the Millennium Bridge to the Baltic Art Gallery. From the top you get a great view of the city and the gallery itself is a towered blend of varied artists with something for everyone's taste.




We popped into the BrewDog for half a Pumpkinhead Ale before arriving back at his parents house for a lovely family meal. 

Newcastle truly is a beautiful city... I'm already planning my next visit.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...