Saturday 27 December 2014

Snow is Falling

Hope everyone’s had a lovely few days, it always seems to go too fast doesn't it? I've spent my Christmas eating plenty of cheese, drinking way too early in the day and lounging around with the dogs. I've had an assortment of gifts from socks and books to a new camera and even a wand (my brother recently visited the Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio Tour) but how gorgeous are these lovely pine cone earrings my parents got me from Hush.




It’s felt rather Christmassy today after a blanket of snow hit us last night, causing a major power cut so our Boxing Day evening was spent playing scrabble by candle light; it ruined my plans of watching the Christmas Downton Abbey Episode I've got recorded, but having no electricity did transport me back to that era I suppose.

Snow in the countryside is always prettier than the city
Not a footprint in sight

I love being out in the snow but after a while it does get rather cold so I spent the afternoon inside on my sewing machine. I got the ‘Gertie Sews Vintage Casual’ book for Christmas so have tested out the simple pencil skirt pattern. It’s a quick and easy sew, which suits me as I often get impatience when sewing garments; I like good results fast! 



I am really pleased with the finished skirt, and with the help of my mum I’m planning to make a matching jacket - finished pictures to follow as I am currently in my new pajamas snuggled up on the sofa.

My parents chose a very handsome tree this year
Merry Christmas to all of you, have you got your New Years Eve party plans sorted? I must confess mine looks like it’s going to be a quiet one, unless I make some quick last minute arrangements.


xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...