Thursday 13 August 2015

Fairs, Fetes & Farmers Markets

Coniston Country Fair

During our weekend trip to The Lakes I found out the Sunday just so happened to be Coniston Country Fair, set at Coniston Hall right on the lake side with a glorious backdrop of mountainous scenery it was definitely a fair not to be missed.



Coniston Hall is a really beautiful building and with a little spruce up I could imagine would make a lovely wedding venue, I would of really liked to look inside I bet its full of period features!






 
The fair was quite small but still had a variety of different stalls and activities to take part in, and of course the food!! I didn't manage to get many pictures of the food stalls as I was too busy deciding what I was going to buy, I then wandered past the Cumbrian Pie Company stall and was tempted by their gorgeous open pork pies; I went for the Pork, Wild Mushroom and Stilton one!
 


 
One thing I noticed about this country fair compared to others I've visited is how many stands were dedicated to wildlife and countryside awareness. I particularly enjoyed seeing these guys out...
 



There were quite a few different packs of hounds at the show, and they gathered quite a crowd; it was great to see the support for such a British tradition.

What I thought & bought:
Atmosphere - Family Friendly
Food - Open Pork Pie (The Cumbrian Pie Company)
Drink - Cup of Tea
Favourite Activity - The Hound Show
 
Thanks again for being patient with me, I'm finding it hard to get on the internet at the moment, I hope you enjoyed today's post!!
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...